HotelsHR Limited (“HotelsHR”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.hotelshr.com website (the “Service”). This Privacy Collection Statement applies to all HotelsHR Limited operations.
1. Protecting your privacy
2. Types of information that we collect and hold
The different kinds of information we will typically collect and hold will vary depending on our relationship with you. These relationships are commonly categorised as:
• Candidates – include all individuals who approach us, or who are engaged by us in the process of seeking or performing work with us or our clients;
• Clients – include all individuals/companies who we deal with for the purpose of providing staffing services for their business; and
• Referees – include all individuals who we contact in evaluating our candidates’ capabilities and suitability for employment. We may also collect personal information from you if you contact us, for example by phone or email, and do not fall into one of the above categories.
If you are a candidate we collect your personal information as reasonably necessary for us to determine your suitability for work with us or through us. The main types of personal information we collect about you as a candidate are:
• your name and contact details, including your address, email address and phone numbers;
• your date of birth;
• your gender;
• information in your cover letter, resume and application forms including your skills, qualifications, work history, references, goals and interests;
• details of your work rights in Hong Kong and other countries;
• your tax number and MPF details;
• information documenting your work history with or through us (including bank account details, salary, work performance information and salary sacrifice documents);
• aptitude and psychological assessment results
• the results of police checks, working with children checks or other background checks;
• medical reviews or assessments of you; and
• other information that you, your referees or our clients provide to us, including personal feedback and notes of our interactions with you and/or others in relation to your suitability for work with us or through us.
If you are our client we collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide the best recruitment solutions for you and your business needs. The main types of personal information we collect about you as our client are:
• your contact details including your email, address and telephone numbers;
• details of your job title/description and organisational needs; and
• records of our interaction with you and confidential feedback you may give us regarding our candidates.
If you are a referee we collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for us to determine a candidate’s suitability for work with us or through us. The main types of personal information we collect about referees are:
• your contact details including your address and telephone numbers;
• details of your job title/description; and
• your confidential opinions about a candidate and their suitability for work with or through us.
3. Who will be collecting your personal information
Your personal information will be collected by HotelsHR Limited for its own use, who might require access to your personal information in connection with its recruitment services. The address of the members who are collecting and holding your personal information is as follows:
Hong Kong – 9C, Ho Lee Commercial Building, 38 D’Aguilar Street, Lan Kwai Fong Central, Hong Kong
Beijing – Suite 1115, North Tower, Beijing Kerry Centre, No. 1 Guang Hua Road, Chao Yang District, Beijing 100020, China
Kuala Lumpur – Unit 8-8, Binjai 8 Premium Soho Lorong Binjai, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Each time you visit our web site statistical data is collected. This data is not linked to a particular person and does not provide us with any personal information.
4. How your information will be collected
Personal information will be collected from you directly when you attend an interview with one of our staff members. At this time, you will complete our registration paperwork or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration. Your personal information may also be collected when you visit our website www.hotelsHR.com and engage in our sites’ job vacancies application process and or when you electronically submit your CV to register with us .
Personal information will also be collected when:
• we receive any reference about you;
• we receive results of inquiries that we might make with your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
• we receive the results of your work rights status;
• we receive the results of any competency or medical test;
• we receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
• we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
• we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
• we receive a response from a job advertisement – either written, verbal or email
• we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
• you provide us with any additional information about you.
If you are a client the ways in which we collect personal information about you are when:
• we meet you or interact with you and you express an interest in our services; and
• when you provide your opinion or feedback regarding one of our candidates.
If you are a referee the ways in which we collect personal information about you are when:
• a candidate provides us with your contact details and informs us that you have consented to such collection; and
• when we take notes of our dealings with you including your opinions of the suitability of a candidate for work with or through us.
4.4 General – visiting our web site & online
You can visit our web site and browse without the need to disclose any personal information.
When you visit the HotelsHR web site, we record anonymous information such as the date and time of your visit, the server/IP address, which site was visited and the information viewed and/or downloaded. The information gathered cannot be directly matched to an individual and is only used for administration and statistical purposes such as error logging. The information cannot tell us anything about you; it can only tell us about how you used our web site. This information can help us determine what areas of our web site are most beneficial to our visitors. No attempt is made by HotelsHR to identify users or their browsing activities. When registering on-line for employment opportunities using our services, or visiting the client resources site to register a vacancy, we do collect some personal information about you, which you volunteer by filling in your details. The information required may include providing basic personal details such as your name, address, phone number and email address etc. You may also submit your resume or a position description. The information gathered at this point is stored in our database for retrieval and use by HotelsHR staff only for the purposes for which it was intended. By submitting your personal information in this way, you acknowledge and accept our Privacy / Collection Statement.
We do not disclose any information gathered about your visit to our web site, or personal information that you provide through the Candidate Registration process, such as your name, address etc. to any other organisation outside HotelsHR, unless you give your express consent, or if we are required to do so by law.
At times you may forward an email to us via the email link in our web site. The information collected through this email will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it. Your details will not be added to our database, unless specified by you, nor will we disclose or use your information for any other purpose, than the intended purpose.
5. Use of your personal information
Your personal information may be used in connection with:
• your actual or possible work placement;
• checking your work rights status with any government department or body (or their agents);
• payment for work completed on a temporary/contract assignment
• follow up with you to offer you work or ascertain your availability for work
• your performance appraisals;
• our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
• any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
• our identification of your training needs;
• any workplace rehabilitation;
• our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
• any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal information;
• ensuring our internal business processes are running smoothly which may include quality assurance audits, quality and services evaluations, fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing; and
• to undertake directly or through agents criminal reference check with relevant government agencies. Information relating to your date of birth will only be used for the purposes of ensuring our compliance with superannuation (MPF) legislation, and for no other purposes. By providing your date of birth you consent to us using it for this purpose.
Personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose about clients is typically used for:
• client and business relationship management;
• recruitment functions;
• marketing services to you;
• statistical purposes and statutory compliance requirements; and
• risk management.
Personal information that we collect, hold, use and disclose about referees is typically used for:
• to confirm identity and authority to provide references;
• candidate suitability assessment; and
• recruitment functions.
5.4 Our policy on direct marketing
We may sometimes use personal information for marketing purposes but only in the following ways:
• we will contact candidates while they are registered us with updates in relation to employment opportunities, market information and promotions from time to time;
• we will send subscribers to our website with news and job alerts to which they have subscribed; and
• we will contact clients, with whom we have a relationship, with market information and promotions from time to time.
When sending direct marketing material we will give you the option as to whether or not you wish to receive further marketing communications and we will remain compliant with anti-spam legislation. Personal information is not used by or disclosed to any third party for marketing purposes
6. Disclosure of your information
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
• potential and actual employers and clients of HotelsHR;
• our insurers;
• a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
• the Accident Compensation Corporation;
• any government department or body (or their agents) to verify your work rights status;
• a designated, registered training provider in relation to training and personal development opportunities;
• any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information; and
• prospective employers to use to verify suitability for employment.
We will advise you of our intentions and gain consent before we refer your personal information to our clients for possible work opportunities.
6.2 Related Purpose Disclosures
We outsource a number of services to contracted service suppliers (CSPs) from time to time. Such CSPs may be located overseas. As part of the outsourcing arrangement with a CSP, they may need access to some of your personal information.
Typically our CSPs would include:
• software solutions providers;
• I.T. contractors and database designers and Internet service suppliers;
• legal and other professional advisors;
• insurance brokers, loss assessors and underwriters;
• background checking and screening agents; and
• talent marketplace platforms.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that terms of service with our CSPs recognise that we are bound by obligations to protect the privacy of your personal information and that they will not do anything that would cause us to breach those obligations.
Once we establish and maintain an employment, staffing or placement relationship with you, we use the data you provided to us, to comply with laws and regulations, including but not limited to employment law, tax and social security and national and international sanctions regulation compliance. For the purposes mentioned above HotelsHR may transfer your personal data to other HotelsHR entities that provide services on behalf of HotelsHR. Personal data is information which can be used to identify you such as name, date of birth, identification number or other factors specific to your identity.
7. If you do not give us the information we seek
You can refuse to provide us with your personal information. However if you do not give us this information, we may not be able to provide our services to you. For example, if you are a candidate we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you.
8. How does HotelsHR protect the security of your information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We have a number of safety measures in place to protect your information. For example, your personal information is stored in secured offices and in computerised databases which require a log in and password to gain access. Access to the database is only available to those who require such access. All staff are bound by a confidentiality agreement regarding company and customer information. Visitors to our premises are always accompanied by a member of staff for the duration of the visit. We use secure methods to destroy or de-identify personal information as soon as the law permits and provided that the information is no longer needed by us. When you advise us that you are no longer looking for work opportunities and therefore do not wish to be registered with us, we will de-identify your data base record and destroy your personal information, unless you advise us otherwise or unless it is a requirement by law such as retained tax/wages information.
9. You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
You have a right to see and have a copy of personal information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction you should contact our office, whose details are listed below.
In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
If you are a candidate, information provided by referees or from clients about you is often given on a confidential basis. Accordingly, disclosing the opinions given by a referee or client may have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of those individuals. If referees or clients provide information about you on a confidential basis, you may not access this information, and we will not be able to share it with you without the consent of the referee or client (as applicable).
10. External sites
External sites that are linked to or from the HotelsHR web site are not under our control and you are advised to review their Privacy Statement. Users should note there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet and you should therefore make your own assessment of the potential risk to the security of your information.